The Owens Hotel was built by Clarence Ownes around 1908.  Mr. Owens was a local builder and developer.  An annex was added in 1925.  The main buildin of the hotel burned in 1930.  It was rebuilt soon after.





Undated Photo of Hotel

Hotel in 1995


The hotel was located just across the tracks from the train depot.  During the era of train travel it was very successful.  It had a fine dining room.  Travelers to the caves often stayed here. 

The hotel has fallen into ruin, however the Horse Cave Renaissance program has purchased the property and plan to revitalize it.